Member not yet following any Groups.
Nov 19, 2019 · Technology Today & Tomorrow: What It Holds For Our Future
Our guest speaker, Cris Ross, Chief Information Officer at Mayo Clinic will be joined by a member of the Management Engineering & Consulting (ME&C) Leadership team, Jan Jasperson, to discuss the implementation of a new electronic health record across to set the stage for incorporation of new digital tools, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. Cris Ross leads the Department of Information Technology and has responsibility for the recent implementation of an enterprise-wide EHR, develops digital partnerships, and has initiated major innovation programs in the areas of data, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Join this LIVE Webcast to learn how ME&C collaborates with Information Technology on projects related to the electronic health record and improving workflows to support the practice and EHR. Jan will be sharing ME&C’s experience with the EHR implementation and ongoing optimization.
- Share Mayo Clinic’s experience with the recent implementation of a single electronic health record across their entire health system
- Describe on-going efforts at Mayo Clinic and nationally to digitize the healthcare experience for patients.
- Explain ongoing efforts to optimize the EHR and clinical workflows to support the clinical practice
- Describe future opportunities in artificial intelligence and machine learning to aid in clinical and administrative decision making.
Sep 26, 2019 · Engineering Lab Workflow Changes to Support a New EHR
Your question has been sent to the presenters! Stay tuned!
The webinar will show shortly on this page! Thank you for joining us!
Our guest speaker, Dr. Tufia Haddad, Chair of the Breast Medical Oncology Practice at Mayo Clinic Rochester and Chair of Health IT for the Department of Oncology, will be joined by one of our Health Systems Engineer, Vanessa Boyle. Dr. Haddad is an active member of the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Women’s Cancer Research Program and Breast Cancer Standards Council. Her research focuses on experimental therapeutics and early phase clinical trials for drug-resistant breast cancer. She also has interest in models of healthcare delivery in oncology and the transformation of such models with novel artificial intelligence and connected health technology solutions. Join this LIVE Webcast to learn how Management Engineering & Consulting collaborates with multidisciplinary care teams on projects related to artificial intelligence with goals of improving patient care & helping clinical staff optimize their resources available. Vanessa will be sharing her experiences with the Watson Clinical Trial Matching Project since early 2018.
Key take aways:
- Collaboration between Mayo Clinic and IBM to develop the Clinical Trials Matching system to increase patient participation in research trials.
- Discuss how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can reduce clinical burden and improve efficiency.
- Crucial role of a Health System Engineer’s partnership with the physician-led team in creating process workflows to effectively interact with the Clinical Trials Matching System.
May 23, 2019 · Analytics in Healthcare – A Dose of Reality
This podcast features Janine Kamath, chair of the Department of Management Engineering & Consulting (ME&C) and assistant professor, Health Care Systems Engineering with the Mayo Clinic, and an INFORMS Roundtable member. Her presentation, “Analytics in Healthcare – A Dose of Reality” discusses the role that analytics plays in addressing many of the challenges facing healthcare today.
The effects of the opioid crisis are being felt by healthcare organizations around the United States. Whether you are a small clinic or a large multi-specialty hospital, the appropriate management of opioids is a new found challenge for your organization. During this webinar, Dr. Halena Gazelka, Chair of the Mayo Clinic Opioid Stewardship Program and a recognized national leader on opioid stewardship will share the work and projects currently underway at a national level as well as at the Mayo Clinic to help address these challenges. Dr. Gazelka will describe the organizational structure and current and past projects related to opioid stewardship, as well as innovations, challenges, and future work in this area.
Management Engineering and Consulting (ME&C) collaborates with Dr. Gazelka and colleagues on a variety of projects and initiatives to help improve opioid stewardship. Dr. Gazelka will be joined by Todd Ingram, ME&C Project Manager, to describe the important role of project management in helping to manage the portfolio of projects related to opioids. Danny Whipple, ME&C Senior Health System Engineer, will join the conversation to discuss an important opioid project involving the surgical practice at Mayo Clinic.
Key takeaways from this webinar:
- Mayo Clinic’s leadership and support to address the opioid crisis at a national level.
- Review the medical/administrative leadership and governance necessary for the creation of a national opioid stewardship program.
- Share information about a data-driven development process on opioid prescription guidelines.