Project and Program Management (PM and PgM)
Project and program managers integrate professional project and program management expertise and business-related knowledge, skills, and tools to plan, monitor and execute strategic engagements and ensure sustainable solutions. Partnering with project leaders and teams the PM or PgM is typically involved with all aspects of a project, including planning, directing, coordinating and delivering project activities from initiation through completion.
Opportunities within the position
- Project Managers have the opportunity to advance to a Senior Project manager or Program manager position based on tenure and experience.
- Management and leadership opportunities are available within the department by becoming a unit or section leader or throughout the institution in operations manager or administrative positions.
Professional development opportunities
- Structured onboarding to learn about ME&C and Mayo Clinic
- Formal mentorship program to connect with experienced Mayo employees
- Courses specific to ME&C to enhance organizational knowledge and skills
- Mayo Clinic course offerings to improve communication and leadership skills
- Scholarly activity including Mayo Quality Fellowship Program certification and Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science Academic Appointment
"I DRIVE COMPLEX, MULTIDISCIPLINARY PROJECTS THROUGHOUT THE MAYO CLINIC ENTERPRISE."EMILY B., PROJECT MANAGER